Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Two Thousand and Twelve A.D. Has Arrived

"See I'm that cat who used to sit in the back and study,
Looking for some proof that God Loves Ugly."
- Atmosphere, Give Me

Greetings, Earth creatures (and possibly dwellers of other planets who may have arrived here)!!

My name is Colin Gerard Schultz.  Allow me to be the first to welcome you to my blog, and the first (on my blog) to welcome you to the year 2012.  2011 was quite a year, was it not, my friend?  A year filled with ups and downs, highs and lows, laughs and cries, and a little of everything in between.  2012 promises to be similar, and I don't know about you, but I personally can't wait to see what this year has in store.  One of my goals for 2012 was to start a blog, and on the third day of the new year, I've already DOMINATED that goal, as you can see.

I will be posting from time to time with various updates, random thoughts, links to my radio show, perhaps new recipes I find, and whatever else my little heart desires.  After all, it's my blog and you can read what you like and skip what you don't.  That sounds fair, right?

 Now,

May I say that I have come to be quite fond of the phrase "May I say"?  And may I say that I feel it's time now to bring you up to speed on what's happened with me this past year, and my goals and plans for 2012.
In 2011, I...
Went skydiving
Completed my first 5K
Went snowboarding for the first and second times in my adult life
Visited Seattle, WA
Quit smoking (YAY!)
Attended 5 weddings (Including a Spanish one, holmes)
Got suckered into competing in a swing dancing contest
Completed my 3rd and 4th seasons of broadcasting, which included very challenging, complete months-long studies of Galatians and Genesis on the radio program
Turned 27
Came to appreciate art in a new way
Cooked bacon-wrapped chicken wings for the first time
And probably many more things I can't recall at this time.

In 2012, Lord willing, I will...
Obtain a passport
Take a road trip somewhere (Perhaps back to Boulder??)
Learn a new musical instrument (I can play the saxophone, but would like to learn guitar, piano, fiddle, banjo, harmonica, or kazoo).
Travel and work overseas during the summer
Complete 5th and 6th seasons of broadcasting, which will include very challenging, complete months-long studies of Exodus and....maybe 1 Thessalonians?
Get better at snowboarding
Begin learning to SCUBA dive
Turn 28
Complete A.A. degree in Radio/TV Broadcasting Performance
Move into a condo, townhome, or house

Stay tuned to see how it all works out, and if there's anything you'd like to get my thoughts on, or anything you'd like to know about me, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for reading, and until next time - don't drink and drive, don't text and drive, and God bless America, it's a beautiful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment